Main Building Overview
At the permanent exhibition, a folding screen of the Battle of Sekigahara and weapons like armor, cannon, matchlock, conches, excavated items from the ruins of the camp site are on display.
And also replicated helmets of Ieyasu Tokugawa and Mitsunari Ishida, portraits of the main warlords and panels of details about the warlords are eye-catching.
Above all, a large diorama presenting the formation of Eastern and Western Armies in the Battle and the flow of the battle, with the lightning is must-see. It is described with a CD with realistic commentary in English and Korean.
There are lots of original goods concerned with the warlords like mugs with their heraldry on it, teacups, cellphone's strap with bamboo, ultra-mini-banner and sticker with a gold lacquer heraldry in the museum shop. And there are also lots of latest version of history magazines about the Battle of Sekigahara.
This museum is the best place for learning about the Battle for everyone. It is also fun to rent a cycle and go around the ancient battle field after lerning the overview of the battle at the museum.
Impressive exhibitions are held for a limited time.
- Address: 894-28 Oaza Sekigahara, Sekigahara-cho, Fuwa-gun, Gifu 503-1522
- Tel: 0584-43-2665
- Open: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Nov. - Mar. 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
- Admission: Adult 350 yen, Child 200 yen (Over 20 people, Adult 250 yen, Child 150 yen)
- Closed on Mondays, Dec. 29 - Jan. 3 and the day following national holidays.
- Access: 8 minutes walk from JR Tokaido Line Sekigahara station, 5 minutes by car from Meishin Expressway Sekigahara Interchange.